Monday, January 21, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday

1. Dylan is scooting ALL over the place. She is trying to get up on all fours, but hasn't quite figured it out, yet. When we baby proofed last time, we didn't have barbie shoes, sparkly beads, and princess jewelry to look out for! Wish us luck!
2. I spent my birthday money on a new camera lens (Canon 85mm 1.8). I am sooooo excited about it. A couple of my favorite photographers swear by it so of course I had to buy it. I'm such a photographer wannabe.....I think if I have the right lens then I will dramatically improve my skills! We'll see. Check back for some photo shoot posts.
3. Chuck E. Cheese is awful no matter what, and it's even worse on a non-school day (MLK). We took the girls today for a "family fun" outing - I'm not sure what we were thinking! It wasn't a planned outing, we were in the neighborhood so we just went on a whim. Won't do that again.
4. Jonathan and I just joined the YMCA and have been working out together. This is the first time since we have been together that we have had a gym membership together. We met there the other day on his lunch break which was kinda fun. It felt sorta tryst-like!
5. Had Gonzaga basketball tickets for tonight's game, but gave them away. We were feeling like home bodies. I NEVER want to miss a game if we have tickets so not sure what that's all about! (maybe we're just getting old - the game didn't start until 9:00 and it seemed like such an ordeal to get out and about that late!)
6. I'm lovin' this fun baby CD.
7. We spent the weekend cleaning, purging, organizing, and simplifying our basement. While doing this, I stumbled upon some old memory boxes of mine full of mementos: scrapbooks, sports uniforms, dolls, barbies, books, art projects, old eye glasses, and even a retainer!! My favorite find was a sappy, cheesy, broken heart poem that I had written in junior high school. Stay tuned - I will post it because it is too funny not to!


That's all for now -gotta go help with "bedtime business".

No comments: