Sunday, April 27, 2008
(look familiar, Melissa?)
Hmmmmm. Is someone trying to tell me something?
I think adopting this dog's life philosophy might just work for me.
And my family.
We have had a pretty barkless week.
I am happy to report that personally, I have had a "bark free" week, and it has been absolutely amazing. The sweet, sweet behavior that we are getting from Holland as a result of it makes me wish I had stopped barking a long time ago. She is really catching onto the motto, too, and her barks have been few and far between this week, as well.
We are one, big, barkless, tail waggin' family!
Anyone else out there barking less and wagging more? Please do tell.....
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
WAG MORE, BARK LESS.
I immediately giggled. I thought it was so cute. I wasn't prepared to think much more about it, however, after a few minutes went by I just couldn't stop thinking about it! What a great motto to live by - silly as it may be - it says a lot! And truth be told, I have been barking way, way to much lately. Barking at my husband, barking at my daughters, barking at my mom. Not just ordinary doggie barks either, but big, scary, growling, guard dog, barks. Not fun.
So having said that, I have decided that I am going to adopt this motto and work on wagging more and barking less. Way less.
And if I see you and get excited, I will do my best to not lick your face and leave a puddle.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
1. "Mom, did you know that dinosaurs are nice except for the egg stealers and the sharp tooth? The egg stealers are mean because they steal eggs, and the sharp tooth will eat ya."
2. "Mom, I have a problem here....." (usually followed by some sort of dilemma involving a princess figurine who is unable to get her skinny, little arm into her "enchanted ballroom gown").
3. "Mommy, when you die, will you raise from the dead like Jesus did?"
4. "Babies don't get cool princess stuff and they can't have cinnamon either."
5. Then the other day, I was repeating something to Holland over and over again (probably telling her to put something away or to come here so I could comb her hair), and she said very sternly, "Mom, if you say that one more time, I am going to scream to bloody mercers!"
6. "Mommy, I don't ever want you to get sick or die."
7. Grandma, Dylan FINALLY said "ga-ga"! (she has been waiting for Dylan to say "ga-ga" since the day we brought her home from the hospital).
8. The other night at bedtime, she was telling me a story about her friend at school who got his finger closed in the door. I responded, "yeah, I know", and then she said, "did you see it on the news or something?"
9. "Love means that people are friends together, and they love, love, love each other, and God made us love. It means that you love everyone in the whole wide world and that's all."
10. And one of my most favorite things she has said of late....
"Mom, you are the bestest mom that I have ever had in the whole wide world!"
Happy, Happy Tuesday!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Another post inspired by the wonderful shutter sisters.
I adore this picture. It captures the love that my daughter has for her Grandpa in such a way that it melts my heart every time I look at it. I grew up without knowing my Grandparents so the relationship that my daughter has with her Grandparents and her Mimi is very special to me. She is incredibly blessed to be so close to them all.
Happy LOVE Thursday!
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
2. We went out again last night since it was the acutal day of our anniversary, however, we had both girls in tow. I don't think Jonathan and I said more than 5 words to each other. No romance there.
3. I forgot to report that a couple of weeks ago while waiting in the lobby of my hair salon (spa paradiso which is in the uppity Davenport Hotel), I made eye contact and got a big smile from this guy as he was pulling up his hood on his black hoodie as he was departing. I think he was trying to be incognito, but that smile would be recognizable anywhere! What a smile it was!
4. Jonathan and I both are actively training for our bloomsday race. I think he is on target to zip right past me leaving me in the dust. Not feeling too happy about this - I am attributing it to his stride though. His legs are a lot longer than mine. That matters, right?
5. I'm missing Grey's Anatomy and House - does anyone know when they are suppose to resume?
6. Holland is very into wearing multiple hair accessories these days and also styling her own hair. She has a morning routine of "washing her hair, blow drying it, and then flat ironing it" (all with her pink and purple plastic electronics!). I'm just going with it! Why not? It's just another preschool girly phase that may not be around for too much longer, and besides I'm not too good at the hair thing so this takes the pressure off! : )
7. Our front and back yards are nothing but rotten, mushy grass. Too much snow for too long. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.
8. I'm trying to wait patiently for spring to officially arrive, but it is just about killing me. If I knew this meant that our summer and fall would be extended then maybe it wouldn't be soooo bad.
9. We are headed to Seattle next weekend. We won some ballet tickets at a charity auction so we are gonna make a long weekend out of it! Yippee!
10. I just heard a loud crashing sound of something falling to the ground followed by a quick, "Dylan did it Mommy, Dylan did it!". Sure enough - she did (this time, anyway).
Happy Tuesday, Everyone!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Thank you, sweetheart! I am so incredibly blessed. I love you.