Friday, February 1, 2008

A Year Ago Today

It was a year ago today that I went in for what was suppose to be a standard OB pregnancy check-up appointment....

Within a couple of minutes of my doctor entering the room, he was giving us orders to go directly to the hospital. He said, "How does 100% bedrest sound?, I want you to go to the hospital to be monitored. You are in pre-term labor".

Little did I know. I thought I would be there a few hours or possibly over night. Well, most of you know how the story goes. I was there for 7 weeks, and then spent the remaining 10 1/2 weeks at home with the same 100% bedrest restrictions.

For those of you who followed my bedrest boutique journey, you will be glad to know that I FINALLY completed Dylan's arrival story and brought closure to the bedrest blogging adventure.

I feel like this last year has been a year of personal growth for me. I learned a lot about myself, my family, and my friends. Being on bedrest is a huge stressor for any family, and I believe it strengthened ours. The three of us literally lived in that 100 square foot hospital room for almost two months. Jonathan and Holland spent just about every night there. They showered there, ate there, played there, got ready for school & work there, watched movies there, and even washed clothes there! It truly became our home away from home.

They say, "home is where you hang your hat", or "home is where the heart is", and our hats were definitely there. As were our hearts.

No comments: