Friday, August 15, 2008

Race Day

What was I thinking??

It just so happens that "what were we thinking" is the name of our team, and it couldn't feel any more appropriate than it does right now - 4:45 am on race day after a sleepless night. However, I imagine it will ring even more true as we head into our second leg in the middle of the night, and then again on our third leg as we are on the homestretch, but yet still so far away!

I had a very restless night. I'm feeling anxious, excited, overwhelmed, under trained, sleep deprived, and a little bit giddy. A weird surge of emotions. (the 4:45 a.m factor might be partly to blame)

Stay tuned for a full report.

Let the race begin......

2 comments:

mary said...

good luck Ash, I will be thinking about you!!! & YES we are in for a girls weekend early Sept.

AGW said...

Good luck! Run your heart out, and most importantly, have fun!!