Thursday, June 12, 2008

Return From Never Never Land

We're back from our trip and now we need about a week to recover! Why is it that we go on vacation to get some R&R and we run ourselves ragged and come back more fatigued and worn out then when we started? A question I'm sure that has often been pondered but never fully answered. Anyway, we had a wonderful, exhausting, magical time.

I have no recollection of having a favorite princess while growing up. I was more of the tomboy-spit-on-the-sidewalk-in-my-Sunday-dress-type, however I have always had a fairytale mentality when it comes to life and love. I believe in love. I believe in romance. I believe in happy endings, and I believe in my glass being half-full. I believe in having fun, and I believe in dancing and prancing and twirling and swirling. And I especially believe in "happily ever afters". So having said all that, I guess I believe in all that Disneyland stands for! After all, it is the "happiest place on earth" (with the exception of the around the clock tantrums, meltdowns, and parental threats).

Something definitely happens at Disneyland. Somehow, a transformation takes place and you are transported into a enchanted world of wonder and merriment. I know that experiencing Disneyland through the eyes of a four-1/2-year-old who is all things sparkly and all things princessy creates a whole different magical experience, but I also believe that I would find it to be a charming place no matter what. Simply because I BELIEVE.

I can't wait to return to never, never land!

But until then, here are some favorite memories that I happened to capture:

























3 comments:

mary said...

Ash those are some of the best Disney pics i've ever seen! Nice job capturing the "moments." I love, love, love the tantrum shot! I'm glad you guys had a great time, I look forward to hearing more about it soon.

Katie said...

These Disney photos are the best ones I've ever seen, too. I love them so much more than the traditional ones you see in everyone's scrapbooks. I went to Disneyworld (FL) twice as a child and loved every second of it. I can't wait to take my babies there someday.

Cathy said...

Oh - I love the grumpy Holland shot. So cute.

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. You got great pics.