1. For those of you who are dying to know what the purchase was that got Jonathan into trouble...... it was indeed blinking shoes. But not just any blinking shoes, they are Tinkerbell blinking shoes. He also threw in some princess hair accessories (another forbidden item). The plot thickened though as I learned of the details surrounding the event. Come to find out, the reason they were even looking at shoes is because Holland had failed to put shoes on when they headed out the door. He didn't even notice she was wearing her high heeled glass slippers when he buckled her into her carseat. So, I'm not so sure that walking around the store in her glass slippers would have been so bad. At least not as bad as coming home with blinking light princess shoes!
2. Seriously though, for those of you who are now thinking I am a total snotty B*@#% - I'm not. I am slightly annoyed, and I can't wait until she grows out of them, but that's truly about the extent of it! : )
3. My big 190 mile team relay race is coming right up, and I am starting to freak out. I am discovering that I am not that good at training by myself. I really need a team and a coach to encourage, motivate, and inspire me. I will be running three legs of the race totally 15.5 miles over a 36 hour time frame. I was online reading last night about these races, and I should be training as if I am running another 1/2 marathon. I am not even close to being at that stage of my training so I really have to step it up these next few weeks. YIKES. Wish me luck!
4. Keeping on that same subject (the relay race), I received an email last night from the race administrators, and there have been a few changes. My first leg is now the "best costume" leg. Lucky me! Seriously, I think I can totally get into this, but I'm just not sure what kind of costume will lend itself to running, sweating, and of course winning! Any ideas?
5. I had my first newborn photo shoot the other day, and it was a lot of fun. However, I was a little discouraged though because the pictures didn't come out quite as good as I wanted them to. I had rented a lens from a local camera shop, and I wasn't use to it so I think that played a big part in my focus, exposures, etc. It was only practice so that's good. I just have to keep on practicing!
6. My online photography class has come to an end, and I am so sad. It was such an incredible class. It left me wanting more. The critiques were my favorite part. I would really love to find a photography mentor. Someone who could look at my shots and tell me how I could change my settings, or how I needed to find a different lighting spot, or how I could have composed it differently. Just good solid critiques. I've been reading a lot and learning a lot about how everything in your shot needs to "deserve to be there". Wow. That's a hard concept to grasp.
7. Moving on. We have two play dates scheduled for today. One at our house and the other one at a friend's house. I'm exhausted already! It should make for a quick and easy bedtime tonight though!
8. Dylan will absolutely NOT let go of our hands or little fingers to walk on her own. She will cruise all over the house and yard with her hand clenched tightly around one, tiny finger, but the second you wiggle your finger as if you are going to make an adjustment, she drops to the floor. Back on all fours.
9. I almost forgot to update you on Piddlelina and Pupcake. They have been set free. So we are back to wanting a puppy. (honestly, I don't think Holland was really replacing the dog idea with some measly little rollie pollie bugs, it was just the novelty of them). I'll have to update the dog situation later.
10. I have a hair appointment in 20 minutes and I'm still in my pajamas so gotta run...