1. Oops! Yesterday got away from me and I forgot to post. Actually, it looks like all of last week got away from me, and I forgot to post. Sorry about that. I have some good excuses, I think!
2. One of my good excuses is that I went to Seattle for a "girlfriend getaway" with my friend, Mary. I must say, there is nothing quite as refreshing as a quick, little kid less trip with a girlfriend! We had a wonderful time. We shopped, and shopped, and shopped. We even managed to shop for ourselves (which both of us have a hard time doing). We stopped midway through the day for an afternoon Asian pear mojito to rejuvenate ourselves, and then continued on our shopping way. We had dinner at a wonderful, Spanish tapas restaurant in the university district, stayed up late talking and looking at photography stuff, and finished the getaway with a quick irongirl 5k/10k run around greenlake. We have committed to having these getaways at least quarterly! We may have to decrease (or even eliminate) the shopping part of it if we want to convince our husbands to let us do it again though!
3. I have a ticket to Italy, and the trip is just about 5 weeks away. I am so excited! I am a little nervous about the girls being away from us for that long, but I am seriously hoping they will rise to the occasion. I mean, who wouldn't want to spend a week with Grandma and Grandpa?! I figure Holland will totally be fine, and if Dylan has a traumatic experience, she's too young to remember it. Right?!
4. I have finally picked my photography logo, and now all I need to do is have some marketing materials printed up! I am super excited and very nervous! I have two clients scheduled, and at least 7-8 more that need to be scheduled. That's not too bad of a start!
5. So I have jumped on the facebook bandwagon, and it is pretty addicting (as is everything else online). I seriously didn't need another computer time waister. It is such a fun way to re-connect though. I have reconnected with long, long ago friends, ex-boyfriends, co-workers, friends of friends, etc. The only weird thing is that I have been having facebook dreams! I am dreaming about different circles of people from many, many phases of my life ago, and it's kinda weirding me out.
6. Dylan has adjusted quite well to being in the toddler room at Holland's school. She was so cute on Monday when I dropped her off. She climbed up the stairs, sat next to a cute, little guy named Jeremiah, and leaned into his cheek for him to give her a kiss. She did this over and over again! I haven't ever seen her initiate too many kisses, especially to non family members so I wonder just what is going through her sweet, little instigator mind!
7. Holland is starting soccer in a week 1/2, and I can't even wait. I brought home her socks, shin guards, cleats, and a new ball the other day, and she just went nuts! She was running and sprinting and dashing around showing off all of her "super soccer kicks" which actually look more like cheerleading herkie kicks! (click here if you don't know what a herkie kick is!). I had no idea she would be so excited about playing, but she has asked my just about every day how many days are left until she gets to play "for real". I think it might just be time to dust off the 'ole video camera OR upgrade to a new one! (just kidding, babe!)
8. Boden is getting so, so big. He has been coming into our house at various parts of the day for short periods of time. We are trying to get him use to being in the house since winter is just around the corner. I think it is going to be a harder transition for me to get use to him being there than anyone else. Any suggestions as to how I will cope?!
9. We are having a really great week as far as weather is concerned. I hope, I hope, I hope it sticks around for a few more weeks. I absolutely adore fall, but I'm just not even close to being ready for what comes after fall. I don't even want to say the word! I actually cringed when I wrote it a minute ago in the blurb about Boden!
10. I just tried to go back and post the herkie video, but I was having trouble. So, who did I call? My very own-personal-tech junkie-resource librarian-hubby. He certainly comes in handy! Thanks, babe!
Happy Wednesday, everyone!