1. Woke up to big, fluffy snowflakes this morning and watched them to turn to big, slushy, wet flakes as the day progressed. Our record breaking snow if now going to be record breaking flooding. I drove around a little bit today, and there is already standing water all over the streets. It's suppose to be 40 degrees tomorrow. I think I'll get out the raft!
2. I set up a new blog for Holland today. She is such a prolific artist so I thought she could use her own space to showcase her work. I was considering have "stirrings in the studio" be a regular post here on ashmash, but instead you can find her art here. I am working on putting some of her previous work on there so you may check back periodically to see how far she's come in her artistic skills.
3. Dylan is talking up a storm these days! She is starting to put two words together, and she is in that phase where her vocabulary grows each day by about 15-20 new words. This is my absolute most favorite age for language acquisition (excuse the speech pathology terminology!). She has quite the vocabulary, too. Words like: peacock, mermaid, mustard, unicorn, pajamas, sweater, lie down, etc. Did I mention "mine" and "no-no"? Those are two very BIG favorites!
4. We were having trouble keeping Boden in our yard so we sent him away for a week! We hope he got some good social play time as we got our backyard set up with barracades and a new "doggy trolley" - a 60 foot leash line to roam the yard with - or to swim in our yard with, as the case may soon be!)
5. ffffffxxz vb yq46mmm g,ommuhjcx b\\vvxfsm/8n That is a message from Dylan. She is sitting on my lap as I am typing this post. She doesn't like it when I work on the computer usually, and she will grab my hand if I reach for the mouse, and she'll say "no,no", "mommy, up".
6. Jonathan got up at 4:30 on Monday morning and went to Gonzaga to get faculty tickets for this Saturday's game. It's my birthday, and we actually have a date planned so I am super excited about it. I am spending the morning at the spa for a massage, and a couple other services! Yay for me, and yay for my husband for giving me the gift certificate for Christmas. Thanks, babe!
7. I am having a difficult time getting back into the mindset of getting back into shape. I have been so discouraged since my heal injury (that isn't going away), that I am just sitting around doing absolutely nothing. I want to run Bloomsday, another 1/2 marathon, and a few more 5 or 10ks this spring, summer, and fall. I just need to figure out the motivation thing. Anyone with ideas on how to beat the winter/couch potato/computer junkie/slushy belly blues?
8. Our good friends, Scott and Jami, had their first baby this last weekend, and her name is Addison Mae (how sweet is that?). I went to the hospital to meet her, and she is absolutely gorgeous! I don't get baby fever very often, but when I do, it's usually the brand spankin' newbies that get me, and boy did she! I just didn't want to put her down, and I had to make myself leave! Congratulations, Scott and Jami! She is beautiful! I can't wait to see her again, and next time it will be with my camera in hand!
9. Just got quickbooks for my business. I have NO idea what to do with it! I need to file some sort of quarterlys at the end of the month. Yikes. Don't know what that means! I guess I better study up!
10. I started this entry earlier today and had to stop writing so we could go pick Boden up. We brought him home, and we stuck him in the backyard to see if Jonathan's rebuilt barricade would do the job this time (before hooking him up to the "dog trolley"), and guess what? Not a chance. He was out in no time! He's a smarty, I tell ya!
Happy (late) Tuesday, Friends!