Saturday, March 1, 2008

What's Your Dream?

I walked into the mall yesterday, and saw this huge ad on display:






What a great ad! I had no idea who or what it was for, but after taking a closer look I discovered it was for one of our local universities. The ad is continued on the other said with the message that whatever your dream is, EWU (Eastern Washington University) can help you achieve it. How clever and inspiring is that?

Like so many others, I have always had a running "list" of things I would like to do before I die. I haven't seen the new movie "The Bucket List", but I already know I will love it. I only have a mental list that I keep, but I have thought on many occasions that I really need to sit down and write them out. I would like to see just how many things I have already crossed off my list, and how many more that I have to accomplish. There are so many things to do, places to go, and people to see! It was so nice to stumble upon a reminder like this ad in such an unexpected place, and now it is fresh in my mind. I plan to make my written list very soon, and when I do I will post it on my blog for y'all to read!

For now, I will fill in the blank with something that is presently an interest or goal of mine.

One day, I'll run another 1/2 marathon or possibly a whole!

What's on your list? One day, you'll _________________.

(please leave a comment and share something from your list with me!)

11 comments:

Jonathan Potter said...

Don't you think you should mention that EWU is your grad school alma mater and your husband's employer?

One day, I'll write that novel. The deadline keeps getting pushed back, but one day, I assure you, I will!

Ashley said...

Oops! I guess I probably should have mentioned those things!

Oh well...

I hope I didn't guilt you into commenting when I was complaining about no one else commenting!!

Dawn said...

Wow! Thats a tough one! I will have to think about it, but for now I will put something very simple..Go to Disney World!!!

Anonymous said...

hzjbduOne day I will lose 50 lbs,have a garden,move to Spokane, live in the South 1/2 the year, visit my daughter, Michelle and her family more, visit my cousin and aunt in Georgia and NC more, eat healthier, so I can live longer, so I will have more time to do all these things!! I loved the movie "The Bucket List" Love Mom/Mimi

Anonymous said...

Great poster - really makes you think. I saw the Bucket List and immediately went home and started and list of my own. I just keep adding on and not scratching off.
That needs to change. Can't wait to see what your list has on it.
Keep writing Ashley - I look for it every day and really enjoy it.
Annette

alana lautensleger said...

one day, i`ll discover the secret to long life and happiness, then capture it into the form of a delicious loaf of dense german bread and become the most famous baker in the world.

Anonymous said...

one day I will learn the art of true inner joy and live my life with that joy. No circumstances will change the joy . .. it will just be. It is my word for the year . . .joy!

Anonymous said...

I have dreams and goals.

The concept of the big red box is a good one. Sadly, reality comes into play when EWU asks for your dream, yet red tape dictates what will become of that dream.

Anonymous said...

My dream is to work in the hosptial bringing joy to the children via books and puppets.

Anonymous said...

I think this is the first time "commenting", but I keep track almost every day. A little side story re: EWU; I attended the "College Elementary School" for two years (5th and 6th grades) in what is now Martin Hall. The school was completely operated by the college-- and was a wonderful experience. As to "lists"-- I've had "lists" for years, but now have started on my "bucket list". Included are: finish building the violin I started three years ago and carving a carousel horse-- more that I'm fine tuning. Your pics of my sweety grandgirls are sooo wonderful-- keeps me going until I get to see them on Mondays with Grandma/Grandpa.
Dad/Grandpa

Unknown said...

One Day, I'll get my motorcycle license. Don't know why...just always wanted one!